The kitchen isn’t just for cooking delicious, healthy meals. You can use fresh ingredients to make delicious smelling POTPOURRI!
Here is why you should DEFINITELY try simmering potpourri:
♥ Avoid all the chemical-filled air fresheners with this all-natural, better-smelling alternative.
♥ Save money: You can use up orange peels, apple peels, lemons after you’ve squeezed the juice.
♥ They make great, inexpensive gifts.
How to make simmering potpourri:
1. Think of yummy flavor combinations, such as lemon/rosemary/vanilla, orange/clove/cinnamon/star anise, apple/orange/clove/cinnamon, and sage/cranberry/clove/apple
2. Place these items in a pot, crockpot, or fondue pot with water and let it gently simmer.
3. Simmering releases the amazing smell. Keep adding water as it evaporates.
4. You can reuse the mixture several times, just refrigerate in between uses.
5. If you are giving as a gift, place ingredients in a mason jar with water, and refrigerate until using.
6. They smell lovely, but remember this isn’t really for eating!
I hope you enjoy, and if you have great smell combinations, please share in the comments box below!
♥ All recipes are on my website!
♥ Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/cookwithamber
♥ Tweet! http://www.twitter.com/cookwithamber
♥ Instagram! http://www.instagram.com/cookwithamber
♥ Never miss an episode! Subscribe: http://www.youtube.com/cookwithamber
Categorised in: Fun Stuff